Wednesday, March 18, 2009

No more speed, I'm almost there!

Today @ 3:33 PM

Mr. UPS has been doing a great job keeping me informed about Junior's travel progress. Last night he went through Alabama and had a short stop in Georgia for breakfast. Then he headed north on I-85 to Charlotte. After dinner tonight he'll continue on to Greensboro followed by a short hop to Raleigh and then be taken by chauffeur in the Big Brown Truck to my QTH in Holly Springs sometime tomorrow.

Mrs. UPS was kind enough to call today the tell me Junior will need to be handed off to an adult upon his arrival or he will be taken back until I can make new arrangements to fetch him. Looks like tomorrow will be a good day to work from home, if ya know what I mean.

I am really getting excited now that we are both in the same state. I have been looking forward to this day ever since the first technical design meeting in December 07 when the core specifications were scribbled on the whiteboard in Austin and Gerald went into "engineer mode". It was a sight to see. I plan to get a good night's sleep. I was up for 25 hours yesterday working on a telecom SCP migration and only got 3 hours of sleep this morning. That "stuff" is for youngsters and I am getting too old to do it with any regularity. I may be real tired, but I'm giddy with anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment